The Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Kaigou

Rainbow Reviews - Personal Demons

Rainbow Reviews - Love Runes

Rainbow Reviews - Chaos Magic

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Flogger

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Kitchen Sink

TwoLips Reviews

 



 

Toy Boxes: Floggers

Inside Him

 

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Up and Running Again

I spent three hours working on Love Runes last night. It felt good to
get back into the groove of it again. I was having problems with a
scene and rewrote it several times, but it still didn't work.

I used to write whatever scene grabbed my attention, jumping around the
story. Lately, I've changed my style to a linear one, trying to get each scene right before I move along. Thatdoesn't mean that it's polished or grammatically perfect. If I tried that, I'd never get anywhere. But I found that by jumping around, I wrote really great scenes, but they didn't flow together, and I had to rewrite so much
that it was like starting over. I'm trying to be more efficient about this and not wander around in thousands of words, trying to find my way. So this one scene had to be right before I moved on.

When a novel sputters to a halt, the only cure is to back up and find the place where it went wrong. The same is true for a scene. I kept trying to fix the last part, but what I had to do was go back to a much earlier conversation and take a different path. Now it works. And now I can move on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Ah, don't you love that feeling when you've finally got it just right? When you can finally, finally stop banging your head against the computer? I'm waiting for that moment to come myself right now. Until then...

Bang.
Bang.
Bang...

4:26 PM

 
Blogger Kathleen Bradean said...

A good writing groove is a miracle.

5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Helen Madden

M. Christian

Amanda Earl

Trebor Healey

Greg Herren

Keziah Hill

DL King

Nobody Passes

Jolie du Pre

Remittance Girl

Lisabet Sarai

D. Travers Scott

Sage Vivant

 

Torquere Press

Erotica Revealed

Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Erotic Authors Association

EPIC

Clean Sheets

Lambda Literary

BiWriters

QueerWriters

DoorQ

Kathleen Bradean

Saints and Sinners