The Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Kaigou

Rainbow Reviews - Personal Demons

Rainbow Reviews - Love Runes

Rainbow Reviews - Chaos Magic

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Flogger

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Kitchen Sink

TwoLips Reviews

 



 

Toy Boxes: Floggers

Inside Him

 

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Toy Box: Everyday Items

Mark your calenders. Toy Box: Everyday Items is out October 22. I think Syd McGinley is in this one. I never did ask who our third contributor was, so it'll be a pleasant surprise for me too.

The challenge was to use an everyday household item as a sex toy in our stories. The hardest part was narrowing my focus to an item. The kitchen alone has so manypossibilities. Spatulas, oil, saran wrap... But all that seemed to obvious. So I went for something a little further afield.

For people who like to know how a story takes shape, this is how it sort of went:

Months ago, I had a brief flash of an idea for a story about a guy in physical
therapy following a car accident. Brief meaning that I only had part of
one scene in mind, and even the characters were fuzzy.

Then I read the call for submission on this Toy Box and the gears started
turning on sex toys around the house, but nothing definite came to mind, so I worked on other stories.

I got every story I was working on into the mail and decided to poke around calls for
submission in case there was anything that inspired me. Oh man. Ended up with a huge list I could never crank out stories for. Was driving to work one morning and the guy in physical therapy scene came back to me and somehow linked up with the call for submissions for this Toy Box and said: We belong together.

I have no idea how the alchemy of the creative process happens. All I know is that it does. With those two sketchy starting points, within the space of an hour I had the
characters, the item to be used as a sex toy, and the plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Helen Madden

M. Christian

Amanda Earl

Trebor Healey

Greg Herren

Keziah Hill

DL King

Nobody Passes

Jolie du Pre

Remittance Girl

Lisabet Sarai

D. Travers Scott

Sage Vivant

 

Torquere Press

Erotica Revealed

Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Erotic Authors Association

EPIC

Clean Sheets

Lambda Literary

BiWriters

QueerWriters

DoorQ

Kathleen Bradean

Saints and Sinners