The Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Kaigou

Rainbow Reviews - Personal Demons

Rainbow Reviews - Love Runes

Rainbow Reviews - Chaos Magic

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Flogger

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Kitchen Sink

TwoLips Reviews

 



 

Toy Boxes: Floggers

Inside Him

 

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vampires. Sigh

I truly don't enjoy writing vampires. Scratch that. I don't enjoy reading vampire tales. So much is rehashing the same old ground. Very few writers bring anything new to the mythology. The stories are about becoming a vampire, or finding out they exist. I get tired of that.

Despite my reservations about vamps, of course I'm currently writing them. I'm reworking an older vamp tale, working on a "fresh" one, and contemplating a novel. The older work has vampire characters, but it's not about being a vampire. it's about that moment where your first big crush ends. The fresh one is bound to give a certain New Orleans based editor horrible Katrina flashbacks, and I do apologize in advance, but I'm still going to write it. The novel will be based on a short story I wrote several years ago. It's at least a twist on the mythology. Yes, I'm talking about Vampires! In Space! It's more of an action thriller where one of the characters happens to be a blood drinker, but he's not exactly a vamp. I know I've been threatening to write that one for a couple years. Now that the Chaos Magic trilogy is done, maybe I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Helen Madden

M. Christian

Amanda Earl

Trebor Healey

Greg Herren

Keziah Hill

DL King

Nobody Passes

Jolie du Pre

Remittance Girl

Lisabet Sarai

D. Travers Scott

Sage Vivant

 

Torquere Press

Erotica Revealed

Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Erotic Authors Association

EPIC

Clean Sheets

Lambda Literary

BiWriters

QueerWriters

DoorQ

Kathleen Bradean

Saints and Sinners