The Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Kaigou

Rainbow Reviews - Personal Demons

Rainbow Reviews - Love Runes

Rainbow Reviews - Chaos Magic

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Flogger

Rainbow Reviews - Toy Box Kitchen Sink

TwoLips Reviews

 



 

Toy Boxes: Floggers

Inside Him

 

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Saints and Sinners!

This Thursday, I'm off to the Saints and Sinners Literary Festival in New Orleans.

I look forward to this all year. It's so fun being in a city that isn't my home, but every corner I turn, I see someone I know. And better yet - they're all writers!

I can never remember the Master Classes I signed up for. If Jim Grimsley is teaching, I'll be in his class. I always take away some piece of wisdom from him that I keep using. The first year I went, his class was upstairs at Napoleon's Itch, and these guys downstairs kept playing the piano and singing loudly (show tunes!). Poor Jim had no microphone, and he's a soft spoken man. Everyone in the class kept inching forward to hear him better until we had him surrounded. But I still refer to my notes from that class and every other one Jim has taught, so you know I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say this year. The funny thing about that first year in Jim's class is that Trebor Healey was sitting about a foot away from me. I'd just read his amazing novel Through it Came Bright Colors, and I was so in awe of his talent that I didn't work up the courage to talk to him. Hah! Now I give him nothing but crap. Poor guy. I adore him, but he brings out my bratty side. Another funny thing is that we live maybe two hours apart here in LA, but I only see him in New Orleans. Hmm. Should drop him a line and see if he's NOLA bound. And if not, give him a major hard time about it. Sometimes, I'll bet he wishes I was still too intimidated to talk to him. (I'm still in awe of his talent.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Helen Madden

M. Christian

Amanda Earl

Trebor Healey

Greg Herren

Keziah Hill

DL King

Nobody Passes

Jolie du Pre

Remittance Girl

Lisabet Sarai

D. Travers Scott

Sage Vivant

 

Torquere Press

Erotica Revealed

Erotica Readers and Writers Association

Erotic Authors Association

EPIC

Clean Sheets

Lambda Literary

BiWriters

QueerWriters

DoorQ

Kathleen Bradean

Saints and Sinners